The course facilitated by International IDEA brought together 20 participants from a number of countries in Africa, Europe and Latin America. BRIDGE; the acronym for Building Resources in Democracy, Governance and Elections, is the latest revolution to Adult Learning methodologies.
The course has 24 Modules that include; Electoral Contestants, Electoral Security, External Voting, Legal Framework, Post election Activities, Civic Education, Voter Registration, Gender, Election Observation, Polling Counting and Results, Strategic and Financial Planning, Campaign Financing among others. The course boasts of cross-cutting themes that straddle all BRIDGE Modules like Gender, Access, Technology, Sustainability, Conflict Management and Environment
The BRIDGE Project partners are:
- The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)
- The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA)
- International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- The Electoral Assistance Division of the United Nations (UNEAD)